Dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, birds, ferrets, rabbits, etc.
Our best friends come in all shapes and sizes. Protect them with Diatomaceous Earth. When lightly rubbed onto their skin or dusted on and around their premises, it is very effective against fleas, ticks, lice, and other pests on pet dogs, cats, and birds. It can also be used as an organic wormer and will kill any worms or parasites the pets may have.
When using as a dewormer, or as a supplement for older pets mix the Diatomaceous Earth into their food as follows:
- Large Cats – 1 teaspoon
- Kittens – 1/4 teaspoon
- Dogs 100 lbs + -1-2 tablespoons
- Dogs 50 – 100lbs – 1 tablespoon
- Dogs Under 50 lbs – 1 teaspoon
- Mini dogs – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ferrets – 1/4 teaspoon
- Rabbits – according to size
- Birds – according to size
As pets get older, they also get sore joints. With Diatomaceous Earth in their diet they will feel better. Apply to moist kennel areas to reduce odors, dry the area, and prevent pest breeding. Deodorizing and absorption are natural functions of DE, so add to kitty litter to absorb odors and keep the litter box drier.
Horses, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, rabbits, chickens, etc.
Livestock and poultry will benefit from the use of Diatomaceous Earth. It is completely safe and nontoxic.
Some of the benefits that have been observed:*
- Control of fleas and ticks
- Stimulates basic metabolism
- Converts feed better
- Reduces the desire to lick soil
- Scouring or diarrhea: when fed it seems to act as a material that draws both virus and bacteria out of the body and solidifies the stool
- Reduces odor and moisture in barns and stalls
- Better coat and hoof condition
- Keeps fly larvae from developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population
- Reduces annual vet bills–Decreased Mortality
- In Cattle: Decreased Mastitis
- Dairy Cattle: Increased milk production
- Kills parasites without chemicals
- Better egg production, stronger eggs, and reduces overall animal stress
- Added to livestock waters, will prevent algae from growing
Animal Use – Suggested Feeding and Application Rates:
- Beef Cattle – 1% of total weight of dry ration 5% in grain or 1oz. per day
- Dairy Cattle – 1% of total weight of dry ration or 1 oz. per day
- Calves – 4 grams in morning milk per calf or 2 oz. per day in feed
- Chickens – 5% in feed, use at full strength in dusting boxes
- Hogs – 2% of total feed ration, dust or spray on bedding and animals
- Horses – 5 ounces in daily feed ration
- Sheep – 1% in ground grains 1 part Diatomaceous Earth to 2 parts T-M salt
- Goats – 1% in grain, 1/2 oz per day, up to 50% in T-M salt
For large animals, DE may also be offered “free Choice” as long as dispenser is protected from the wind. Your livestock will also get the benefit of over 14 trace minerals that make up Diatomaceous Earth.